Sunday, May 31, 2009

nothing of grave importance

I’m simply enjoying this laid back Sunday. The weather is perfect. I guess the best way to make the most out of a rainy day is when you’re just at home lazing around, watching a cheesy movie or a silly sitcom, and making a pig out of yourself. Sigh. Yeah, I’ve been doing a lot of that as of late so consider yourself warned because the next time we meet I’d probably be sporting excess fats everywhere. My friend, in one of his brutally honest moods, even declared me ‘fat & bloated’ though I told him afterward that ‘adorably plump’ would be a better, more preferable, less tacky description. No?

Speaking of plump, the other day I was watching Bridget Jones’ Diary, though it was hilarious in general, I still couldn’t help but cringe every time she’s represented as this brainless-pretending-to-be-brainy, sex-crazed, miserable singleton, smoker, and alcoholic whose trip was to parade around in her knickers while running after this aloof, overbearing yet exceptionally hot bloke. That somehow sent my indignation flaming because not every female is silly like Bridget. Although I admit I was impressed by Renee Zellweger. How the fuck did she do that looking so sickeningly glamorous despite the fats? She put the bulimic, insect-thin models of runways to shame, honestly! Durrr…

No comments: