Monday, June 29, 2009

spread the love, spread the virus

It’s quite a humiliation that I am the one getting a sore throat this time. All week long, I’ve been the one to pester and annoy my friends (three of them with the common fever + sore throat) that they’ve been hit with the A(H1N1) bug. To irritate them even further, I’ve always been the first to put out the alcohol when they’re around and make it known to their faces that they’re virus-carriers and ought to be avoided. Haha.

Of course they’re not really with the swine flu. I’ve just been having the greatest kick out of them –-it’s what great friends do, nay? I aggravate them, they retaliate, and that’s where the fun starts. It’s simply about playful bickering; sometimes it gets physical (what with the batukan, paluan and all) but nothing ugly that would send any of us to the emergency room of the infirmary. We love each other too much to inflict permanent damage, I suppose. :))

Nevertheless, driving each other barmy is still a mutually pleasurable deal to us all. So, when they had the fever and sore throat to boot, and I got to tease them to no end, I thought I was winning. Wrong. Because now that it’s my turn to have a sore throat, it gave my friends the orgasmic bliss for having the opportunity to get even with me. Durrr. Now, they’re laughing at me! Those smug little witches! Epic fail on my part, oh boohoo.

They got the last say –-Ara, particularly, got the last say:

"nel. pagtatawanan kita pag nagkasakit ka dahil promotor ka din sa pagkakalat na may swine flu kame!"


Why, nasty bitch*, hmpp. I could only hope this won't progress to a full-bloom flu.

------------

*bitch, over time, has become some sort of endearment among us. Nothing offensive, I assure you. :))


No comments: