Monday, August 18, 2008

walis, walis

It’s not an everyday thing that my mood gets set in the “diligent house elf mode” a.k.a. house clean up operation. So imagine the delight of my housemates when they found out this morning that I had every intention of tidying up my own room for the first time in weeks (or months?). With their eyebrows raised and mouths agape, I almost called out their exaggeratedly surprised reaction as rudeness. Why wouldn’t I, it’s like them saying to my face that my laziness was a hopeless case, hmp. They were so stunned, they might as well order for angels in white lacy dresses, floating in midair with trumpets in hand, singing hallelujah and there they’d have their syrupy-much-awaited-life-changing-miracle.

But alas, their happiness for my newfound diligence turned out to be short lived because of an untimely sarcasm that had me flaring up and doing a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree about face.


Annel: Ate Emma, asan walis naten?

Housemate a.k.a Ate Emma: Aba ewan ko. Itanong mo sa kapitbahay naten baka alam nila.

Annel:



That’s it and I ran back to my computer, forgetting about the walis and the cleaning all together.

1 comment:

d[-_-]b said...

haaay si ate emma nagpapaka-chie2!

AHAHAHA :) yay for tomorrow! back to school.. shit. (n_n).v