Thursday, October 16, 2008

I need a gameplan

I couldn’t bring myself to tell my friends [marc nagpaparinig ako] that I’ve just been rejected, yet again, by my dad. I mean, not really me, but the idea of me going to Mindoro to attend Daisy’s debut. My friends are expecting me to come and I want to come myself. And I hate it that my parents are being so cynical about it. They wouldn’t give me their approval and I have a nagging suspicion that both of them, my mom and my dad, are conspiring against me. Honestly! I thought my mom was on my side, until my dad talked her out of it and voilà, she was lured into the dark side. Easily. Completely. And unabashedly. Ugh. So that leaves me back to square one wherein I'd have two stubborn souls to appease instead of one. How convenient [insert eye roll here]. But I guess there’s nothing more convenient than the fact that my mom seemed to have forgotten that she actually gave me her permission several weeks ago, because now she’s strongly denying that such occurrence ever existed. How could she…! And my dad’s no better. He’s trying to bribe me, and it’s horrible! That’s him playing dirty, and it’s annoying because I badly wanted to say ‘yes’ to the bribe but I’m holding back just for Daisy’s sake [see daisy, that’s how much I love you, darling] Ugh. Double Ugh. I never knew my parents could go to such “creative” measures just to prevent me from going. Hayy, I’m miserable.





Postscript: I’m not giving up though. I spent the whole day sucking up to them and being so impossibly nice and complimentary, but clearly that didn’t work well, that’s why tomorrow, no matter what it takes, I am soooo blackmailing them.


Post Postscript: Fine. This post ended up being so childish and trivial. I didn't mean to. The truth is I'm anxious, because let's face it, parents still get to have the last say in E.VERY.THING. [especially if they're the one going to pay for my fare] Ugh. Triple Ugh.


3 comments:

d[-_-]b said...

can i say. UGH! last time i checked. i was left with P120. Horrah! Daisy's debut comes after a week. AND. I haven't asked for my parent's "blessing" yet. So, this is the second UGH! Good luck to us.

BTW, Star City was fun. Just saying. LOL.

moi said...

shut up. don't you even dare mention Star City, i hate you all. haha.

d[-_-]b said...

annel,

star city

star city

star city

star city

star city

star city

star city

LOL (n_n).v