Saturday, October 4, 2008

Joyeux anniversaire

He’s soo into sports, so I would pretend that I am soo into sports, as well.

We’d watch tennis games.

He loves tennis. He loves basketball more than tennis.

We’d watch basketball.

He’d be too engrossed. I’d be, “Daddy, for the love of everything that is bouncing, the only thing I know of basketball is dribble!”

We’d play darts instead.



He had an ex-girlfriend named FE. FE is the symbol for Iron.

High school. I was to memorize the periodic table of elements.


Annel: Indium…In, Iodine…I, Iridium…Ir, Iron…Fe…

Daddy: Basta anak, tandaan mo lang kapag Iron, Fe. Fe as in FE. Si FE girlfriend ko yon nung araw, bago Mama mo. Hehe.

Annel: O_o


From that point on, it never slipped my mind that the symbol for Iron is Fe. “Fe as in FE. Si FE a.k.a Daddy's ex-girlfriend”.

Trust the “ex-girlfriend mnemonics” to be an effective memorization technique.



Why , he loves to dance.

Parents go to daughter’s room.

Father would dance half-jokingly - half-seriously to Michael Bubl
é’s “Sway” in front of the mother and the daughter.

Mother would laugh.

Father would laugh.

Daughter would pretend to gag.

Daughter would shoo them away from her room.

Daughter would laugh.

No comments: