Monday, December 22, 2008

misleading

The trouble with statement shirts is that I can’t seem to stop myself from reading them. Even though it appears embarrassing to stare at one’s chest [it’s curious that the breasts’ area is perpetually the lucky/unlucky bearer of the inscriptions], my eyes will always always automatically wander to the part where the writing is. The worse thing is I’m not even attempting to be discrete about it. Most of the time, I will just stop and gawk openly to this woman’s shirt [or chest, it’s always there –the statement, I mean] and read the characters. If it’s the eyebrow-raising sort then I will impulsively move my gaze to the woman’s face and see if the statement dovetails with her…erm, appearance? state of being? look?

What, each of us is entitled to have our own brief periods of judge-y-ness and evilness =D

Like this particular incident that happened two or three weeks ago. I was inside the mrt on my way to the university when in came a lady wearing a pink shirt that says: [in all caps, bold, shining, shimmering, splendid letters]HORNY.

HORNY

HORNY

HORNY

Uh-huh. HORNY. I wonder if she knew what that word meant. Or it’s just my naturally perverted thinking that automatically went to the gutter and assumed the green insinuation of the word. Because maybe the lady knew what “horny” was after all; perhaps to her, it’s simply the “state of having many horns”? [horns, horns, horns, horns = horny?] as opposed to what I initially thought to be the “state of being hormonal”. [hormones, hormones, hormones, hormones = horny?] Hahaha. Pragmatics.

For long minutes, I was just there explicitly gaping at her t-shirt [chest] with furrowed eyebrows and vast annoyance to the maker of the shirt, blaming whoever insipid creature he or she was for having that “majestic” idea of putting the statements at breast level. Seriously, he or she should have known that it would be exceedingly disconcerting for a girl like me to stare at another girl’s chest; not that I was perusing her boobs, [I have my own to stare at, thank you very much] it was the statement I was curious about, nothing more. Only the position was sending all the wrong signals. <_<


No comments: