Thursday, April 16, 2009

two of us

I was hugely delighted when, only a week ago, I found a new Beatle-buddy in Jed. Yesss! About time to have a new friend I could go ‘fangirl-ing’ moment with. She saw my laptop and was pleasantly surprised to find my music library full of Beatles songs. Hah! So after that melodramatic revelation that indeed, we did, and still do share a fixation for the four British chaps, we couldn’t (wouldn’t) shut up for how many hours –-we're just there getting all giddy, comparing songs and favorites, conveniently neglecting the fact that we're supposed to be paying attention to the professor speaking in front of ourclass rather than doing that monkey business of ours.

**

Anyhow, these previous weeks I also noted some of my Beatles encounters here, there, and everywhere. They’re the most ordinary things yet they still managed to give me the warm fuzzies every time. Awww. :))


1. In the mall with mom. Entered Toby’s, then lo and behold: A Hard Day’s Night album was playing! Bless that shop for having a taste.

2. One of my professors made our class do a discourse analysis of ‘She’s Leaving Home.’ Additional perk when she related to us her experience of being in the Beatles’ concert here in Manila way way way way way way way way way way way way back. Lucky woman, that one.

3. Caught grandfather whistling ‘Twist and Shout.’ He denied it afterwards.

4. I saw an incredibly cute guy wearing an equally cute Lennon shirt. Oh dear, what a turn-on.

5. Came across Miley Cyrus’ twitter account. Her layout is that of Lennon’s face. Hmm, even if I couldn’t stand this girl, I guess I should give her props for having the best taste in music, yes?

**In this regard, I am dangright confident I would eagerly sell myself to the dark side if only I could witness (live!) a Beatles’ concert. Jed would do the same, am sure.


No comments: