Friday, July 25, 2008

Breakfast at Cordi's

Breakfast today was the best I have had in such a long time. Ever since first year and boarding school, I rarely have the time for a decent breakfast (without parents to wake me up, am always literally running late for my first class barely having the time to grab anything for my stomach’s sake)


Prior to college, I was accustomed to our house rule wherein I couldn’t leave the house in the morning without eating rice first, so it was really a huge adjustment in my part to not have my usual heavy meal firsthand in sunup. Eventually, I did get used to it, though I still have my sporadic sappy moments like, “If only I’m home right now, I wouldn’t have been hungered to death like this, etcetera etcetera…” among other self-pitying-comments of the sort.


But thanks to our breakfast group date today, I need not to wallow in another stack of self-pity. Honestly, I may not have the best-tasting food but I certainly have the best company with me. Naks :))


Unlike Pat who’s already BFFs with the waiters (haha!), it was just my first time at Cordillera Coffee. My friends and I were supposed to meet at nine am, but alas, I should have known better than to follow whatever settled time it was, because when they said nine am, they actually meant ten or later, only they thought it would be fun to let the others (ahem!) wait, tsk tsk tsk


So, Cordillera Coffee…it’s that small café beside Vargas Museum. It has this carefree feel to it, plus the nature-ish ambience because of the trees nearby. Nice. Even the location was perfectly convenient for us considering its adjacency to our own college building where we still had to attend the 11:30 am class. Just a few walking distance and voilà, we’re there! Now the food...


Joy, Daisy and I ordered for their “Cordillera Breakfast” a.k.a longsilog, two pieces of rectangular shaped longganisa, scrambled egg and a cup of brown garlic rice. It was okay. Nothing magical though, neither the quantity nor the quality. But to make up for it, I swear, their iced chocolate was to die for! Gahhh! Try it, try it! Even their coffee, two thumbs up, oui.


I have never been a fan of Italians so it’s fairly predictable for me to wrinkle my nose in disgust when I tasted Issa, Pat and Alfhas’s “Cordillera Risotto”. They loved it, so in the end, I had to endure them calling me an ‘alien’ for having the weirdest taste buds that did not favor the majority, haha.


In any case, average food or not, I still had the best fun with the little devils (believe me, that’s an endearment), laughing loudly, teasing maniacally and simply making noise to disrupt the peacefulness of the place and aggravate our fellow customers for behaving so ;p

No comments: