Monday, June 16, 2008

Firsts





(nicked this pic from the yoopee website)




I'm feeling the centennial spirit tonight so I compelled on making a list of my memorable firsts in the university:


1. My first class ever was Kasaysayan 1, Section MHU4, MTh 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a..m. with Sir Xiao :) Damn, I forgot our room number.

2. During my first Ikot ride, I was so terrified I thought I was lost when it made its route to KNL. I reckoned I was at the wrong jeep since the surrounding then wasn’t so campus-like as I saw town houses instead of college buildings.


3. Aly, Nique and Kristine were my first college friends. We were in this block gathering at Quezon Hall, sitting together at the stairs all the while waiting for our turn in the food, haha.


4. Greenshoppe at SC was the very first computer rental shop I went to, and it had been my favorite ever since. Nothing to complain about (yet?).


5. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to attend to the Fresh to Play concert for freshies during my time. My parents were being parents by not allowing me to, thinking that it was such a chaotic and precarious affair. For the record, I thought otherwise. And for the record again, I was proven otherwise :p


6. My first embarrassing moment happened during my Lawn Tennis class. I was doing my backhand swings against my partner when the sole from my left shoe split up.


7. The very first UP academic book I purchased was Adhika’s Kasaysayang Bayan from the Department of History :)


8. My first Toki ride was not until the second semester of my first year. I managed to get by without it during the first term since I didn’t have any Math subjects then. (Yes, I have this weird notion that Toki and Math are coexistent)


9. The very first meal I had during my first day was a Chickenjoy takeout from Jollibee Philcoa. Oh, and fries, too. Two large.


10. And the most pleasurable of all…my first oblation run experience as an onlooker! I have nothing but one word for it:

BOLD!

Whatever that means ;) Rest assured that my mind went to the gutter, bwahahaha.



P.S.
Happy Centennial, isko and iska!

No comments: